“I am pleased to confirm that Diversity House Limited supports the ten principles of the UN Global Compact with respect to human right, labour, environment, and anti-corruption. With this commitment, we express our intent to advance these principles within our sphere of influence and will make a clear statement of this commitment of our stakeholders and the general public.
We also pledge to take part in the activities of the UN Global Compact where appropriate and feasible – through for instance participation in Country/Local Networks involvement in specialised initiatives and work streams; engagement in partnership projects; and reviewing and providing commentary to participating companies on their communications on progress”.
- Christine Locke (Chair and Project Lead)
Food For Thought
- At least 75% of mothers have primary responsibility for childcare in the home.
- Women occupy on average 30.9% of ‘top jobs’ across 11 sectors.
- Approximately 70% of people in national minimum wage jobs are women.
- Cuts to public sector affect women disproportionately because women make up two thirds of the workforce.
- 54% of women working part time have been found to be working ‘below their potential’, which amounts to 2.8 million women.
- On average two women a week are killed by a violent partner or ex-partner in the UK.
- The full time gender pay gap is 10% and the average part-time pay gap is 34.5%.
Source: UK Feminista 2014
Feedback from Service User
Watch Our Documentary
In The Media
Comments From Our Annual Conference
“I enjoyed it and would love to be part of it again next time.”
- Theodora Ibekwe – Oyebade (Mrs)
“Dear everybody at Diversity House, Thank-you for organising such an inspirational conference.”
- Sam-Ling Dorward
“It was a pleasure to be there and an honour to have been invited to hold my mini workshops! well done to everyone who helped to make it such a great day!”
– Alex Knight
“Thank-you Diversity House for an interesting SWEW conference. Well done Christine and her team.”
- The Quays
Our funders, supporters, partners & affiliates.