2016 Training Events
The following training is about to be rolled out in 2016:
Female Genital Mutilation Training
Female Genital Mutilation Training by Mrs Christine Locke being organised by Rubicon Cares on Tuesday 25 October 9am – 4.30pm at Maidstone Community Support Centre, Maidstone. Fee is £60 per delegate. Click the above link and book your place soon.
One Day Training Course
|DATE: Tuesday 25 October 9am – 4.30pm COST : £60 per delegate
VENUE : Maidstone Community Support Centre, Maidstone
|Trainers :Christine Locke – FCMI (B.A. Hons, Pg. Cert, PGDip, MA, MSc.).
Christine is the CEO of Diversity House (a charity that addresses social inequalities in Kent) and the director of Cogol Concerns – a training and development consultancy firm.
Bola Lawal – BSc. (Hons), PGDip. RGN
Bola is a qualified Midwife and a registered nurse. She has practiced both in Nigeria and United Kingdom and understands deeply the repercussions of FGM. She will bring to FGM training the clinical perspective as well as a wealth of experiential knowledge of the topic.
First Training Workshop:
1. Female Genital Mutilation Awareness Training – An introduction to what FGM is all about, providing a more in depth history into:
- Why people/families carry out FGM.
- Where and who carries out FGM.
- How FGM is carried out.
- Who is at risk of FGM.
- How to identify those at risk of FGM.
- UK Law on FGM.
- Diversity House & FGM Safeguarding.
Second Training Workshop:
2. FGM & Domestic Violence Training – An introduction into the links between domestic violence and FGM, focusing on:
- What is Domestic Violence(Abuse).
- FGM & dis-empowerment of victims.
- The links between FGM & Domestic Violence ( Abuse).
- Why FGM victims are at risk of Domestic Violence (Abuse).
- Case Studies.
- What the law says about Domestic Violence(Abuse) in UK and worldwide.
- Safeguarding against Domestic Violence(Abuse) and FGM.
Third Training Workshop :
3. FGM & Mental Health Training – n introduction into Mental Health Well-being and Mental health issues including the impact that FGM has on individual’s Mental Health. This workshop will bust the myth surrounding Mental Health Well-being and delve into the altering state of Mental Health Well-being of FGM victims including those at risk, highlighting:
- What is Mental Health Well-being.
- Types of Mental Health Issues.
- The difference between Mental Health and Mental Health Issues.
- The Importance of Mental Health.
- Mental Health Issues Myths.
- Mental Health and FGM.
- Mental Health and UK legislation.
- Diversity House and Supporting those with Mental Health Issues.
Fourth Training Workshop:
4. FGM & Resilience: This workshop training will delve into the various strategies and moved coping mechanisms that can aid in building resilience within individuals at risk of FGM as a part of safeguarding. It will also focus on service providers responsibilities; mentoring and supporting models to best support service users who have been identified as being at risk and victims of FGM, helping them to stay safe and move on with their lives focusing on:
- What is Resilience?
- Why the need for Resilience?( it’s importance)
- Resilience coping strategies.
- Using Resilience to cope with FGM.
- Resilience Case Studies.
- Life After ‘Fear & Pain’.
- Diversity House and Service Provision.
Fifth Training Workshop:
5. Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Training – This workshop will delve into what Equality, Diversity and Inclusion actually means in terms of understanding and implementing in a variety of settings. The main concern of this delivery is that participants are able to clearly identify what each of the mentioned aspects means in everyday life and works situations and challenge ‘wrong or misguided’ understanding of what it actually means.
- What is Equality?
- What is Diversity?
- What is Inclusion?
- Why the need for Equality, Diversity or Inclusion?
- What UK legislation says about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- How to provide a better work or provide a service provision for others.
- Equality, Diversity , Inclusion and Diversity House.
Sixth Training Workshop:
6. Cultural Proficiency Training – This training workshop will be focusing on the relevancy of Cultural Proficiency to service provision and how it’s impact can make or break any provision that involves dealing with staff, students, pupils etc. In a country that has a multicultural society with demographics shifting and changing as we speak, there is a great need for professionals to ‘step-up their mark’ and really get to grips with this aspect. The following areas will be covered:
- What is Cultural Proficiency?
- Is there really any need for Cultural Proficiency/
- Cross-cultural interaction concepts.
- Cross- racial interaction concepts.
- Personal development in Cultural Proficiency.
- What does the law say about Cultural Proficiency.
To register your interest, by calling: 01795 420 455 or Email: email@example.com
A Leadership skill for building and strengthening the organisation. The training will help to:
- Gain specific skills which will build toward cultural proficiency.
- Understand the concepts regarding cross-cultural/cross-racial interactions and be able to apply these concepts to your own practice/organisational context.
- Experience difference as a way to be in relationship rather than to be separated.
- Develop your own learning/activity plan aimed at increasing cultural proficiency.
It is a human rights approach that assumes that people’s DIFFERENCES in terms of race, religion, social class, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender or political affiliation should be taken into account or discounted, so they can be treated as EQUALS when accessing or buying services. This training aims to provide you with an opportunity to understand the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
Welcome to the Administrative Support Skills workshop. Having effective administrative skills are essential in today’s work environment. Being organized, punctual, and effective in your communication skills, both written and verbal are crucial if you want to achieve your goals in any endeavour you pursue. Think of it. The current business environment is filled with many sources of information, and you have to take that information and analyse it, prioritize it, and process it to the extent where value is achieve for the organization. Good administrative skills reduce the risk of “things falling through the cracks.” Great administrative skills create exponential results that spot potential problems, overcome obstacles, and leverage resources effectively.
In this course, you will learn the core skills that will help you use your resources efficiently, manage your time wisely, communicate effectively, and collaborate with others skilfully. The practices presented in this module will take time to root into your daily work routine. However, making the commitment to consistently apply the concepts every day is the key to changing and adopting new behaviours in a short amount of time.
Goal setting and getting things done
Everyone has dreams and goals. Achieving personal and professional goals, however, requires planning and action. Learning how to manage time and set realistic goals will increase your chance of success in every area of your life. Following the advice in this course will help increase your productivity and help you achieve your dreams.
A company’s ethics will determine its reputation. Good business ethics are essential for the long-term success of an organization. Implementing an ethical program will foster a successful company culture and increase profitability. Developing a business ethics program takes time and effort, but doing so will do more than improve business, it will change lives. A company’s ethics will have an influence on all levels of business. It will influence all who interact with the company including customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, etc. All of these groups will have an effect on the way a company’s ethics are developed. It is a two Way Street; the influence goes both ways, which makes understanding ethics a very important part of doing business today. Ethics is very important, as news can now spread faster and farther than ever before.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define and understand ethics.
- Understand the benefits of ethics.
- Create strategies to implement ethics at work.
- Recognize social and business responsibility.
- Identify ethical and unethical behaviour.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.
Welcome to the Business Etiquette workshop. Success in any industry relies on relationships, whether with co-workers, clients, suppliers, or investors. When you’re well-mannered and considerate in dealing with others, you create engaging, productive, and long term business relationships. As such, it is important to learn, not just the technical side of a business, but how to conduct one’s self in the company of others.
This is where business etiquette comes in. This workshop will introduce participants to business etiquette, as well as provide guidelines for the practice of business etiquette across different situations.
Civility in the workplace
Welcome to the Civility in the Workplace workshop. While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line. Bosses freely intrude on subordinates’ personal space, gossiping co-workers are norm, and quality customer care has been forgotten. The result: an environment not conducive to getting work done, dissatisfied clients aiming for the competition, and in some cases, blatant tolerance for abuse and harassment.
To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this workshop introduces the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behaviour, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed.
Assertiveness and self-confidence
Welcome to the Assertiveness and Self-Confidence workshop. Assertiveness and self-confidence are comprised of important interpersonal communications skills and traits that can be learned and practiced. This workshop will provide you with many tips, techniques, and opportunities to try out your own skills.
Welcome to the Attention Management workshop. A distracted workforce is less than effective. Employees who do not pay attention to their work can waste valuable time and make careless mistakes. Attention management is a useful skill that allows managers to connect with their employees on an emotional level and motivate them to focus on their work and how to reach their personal and company goals.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define and understand attention management.
- Identify different types of attention.
- Create strategies for goals and SMART goals.
- Be familiar with methods that focus attention.
- Put an end to procrastination.
- Learn how to prioritize time
Job search skills
Welcome to the Job Search Skills workshop. Searching for a job can be intimidating. How do you know what job you’re best suited for? How do you build a winning résumé and cover letter? Where can you find job leads? How do you network without feeling nervous? What happens when you land an interview? And most importantly, where do you find help when you need it?
This course will give you the answers to all these questions, plus a plan to get you to a new job within a month. After completing this program, you’ll be more than ready to start your search for your perfect job.
Welcome to the Presentation Skills workshop. This program can benefit anyone who presents; a trainer, a meeting facilitator, speaker, or seminar discussion leader. No matter which role you are assuming, this workshop will help you become more efficient and proficient with the skills of providing information to others.